Grief (This can pertain to both loss of life and ending of relationships)
- Feeling depressed because of a recent loss (of life or of a relationship)?
- Does your grief feel unmanageable or like it will never go away?
- Are you pulling away from people that are trying to help?
- Do you feel like you are living in a dream that you cannot wake up from?
- Are you concerned about your child or children's grief? Do you have parenting questions about grief?
According to Elizabeth Kubler-Ross (1969), there are 5 basic stages of grief:
First, it should be understood that the 'final' stage, acceptance, does NOT mean that you forget the loss, or that you are happy about it . . . it simply means that you have made peace with the loss and have moved into a place where you can continue living your life in peace. Read the rest of this article to learn more about healthy grieving.
Contact us for grief counseling and therapy