- Feeling anxious or nervous when it doesn't make sense? Have butterflies in your stomach?
- Does this anxiety get in the way of living life to the fullest?
- Do you avoid social situations because you're not sure how to act?
- Have you passed over professional opportunities because of fear of the unknown?
- Do you get lost in thoughts of "what if . . . ?"
Do you ever feel like you have butterflies in your stomach before a presentation? Perhaps you feel at a loss for words when beginning a conversation with a new person, a boss, or somebody you are interested in. You may even feel a constant worry in the back of your mind. Anxiety can take on many forms. I can help! Getting started may itself begin to release some anxiety; of course, before coming in for a session, you may feel the anxiety creeping back in--this is normal, and I can help you learn to calm your own nerves so that any anxiety that does arise will feel more manageable.
Asking for help with anxiety or nervousness is difficult for some as it involves talking to a new person about a difficult, sometimes embarrassing experience. Counseling and therapy creates a safe place where you are not judged, and are free to explore techniques for managing anxiety that work for you.
Anxiety can range from relatively common fears and worries about failure, rejection, or pain, to more intellectual concerns about existential and spiritual beliefs. Read more in depth about anxiety by continuing this article . . .
Contact us for Anxiety Counseling and Therapy